Monday, March 19, 2012

Procrastination is a beautiful thing

I haven't finished my homework for class tomorrow. I have a three page paper to right that if I actually started writing it would go fairly quickly. I also have to submit a copy of my vita (professional resume) which needs a little sprucing up. Instead of getting down to business, I am engaged in the time honored occupation of procrastinating.
I have procrastination down to an art. I am in fact multi-procrastinating. I am obviously writing this blog, which just could not wait until I finished writing my paper. I justify writing my blog first because It has been a week since my last post and so I need to write another one. I sat here looking at the empty screen contemplating what I wanted to write about. Then I noticed that I had a new email. So I clicked over to my email tab and read it. I was invited to a party. I had to RSVP and decided what I wanted to bring. Then I looked at facebook and read someones post about dinner or some such thing and now I'm writing about procrastination.
 Next to me sits a container of vegan, gluten free peanut butter cookies. They only have four ingredients: peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and egg replacer. I've already eaten three. On my night stand I have a cup of Tetley tea with a little bit of sugar and almond milk. Food is an excellent way to distract oneself. I am also watching a movie. Now my tea is finished so I'm thinking about going back for some more. Maybe some dried mangos and cranberries can join my procrastination party. I am planning my day tomorrow and thinking about what I want to buy next time I go grocery shopping. I really want some half and half or perhaps heavy whipping cream. Strawberries are ripe and tasty, maybe I want some of those. I have some bacon that needs to be cooked, but I need to plan my cooking around when my roommate is not home. She can't stand the smell of bacon cooking. I could go on in this way for a while, but you aren't interested in the musings of my wandering thoughts and my avoidant aims. So I guess I had better finish this so I have one less thing to block my progress on my paper.
What is your favorite procrastination tactic?

3 comments:

  1. I like your procrastination tactics. Though without a tv, it's usually stupid Youtube videos, or netflix, and of course there is the ever present lure of FB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to think about it and let you know... one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me chuckle. I can just picture it. You really are a muti-procrastinator. Sometimes I procrastinate by playing a game before getting to work.

    ReplyDelete