Friday, April 15, 2011

Where'd that song come from?

Do you have those moments when you remember an out of context snippet from your past? This has happened to me a couple of times recently. You know when you are going about your daily business and out of no where a line from a movie or a song that you haven't heard in years seems to teleport into your thoughts. Several weeks ago while I was working a line from a video that my parents put together to explain their work to friends and family just popped into my head. I was folding shirts or something and I recalled, "a hungry man will eat as many as six of these delicious tortillas with his bowl of beans." This line referred to large hand made tortillas. When I was a kid, I had this video memorized because of the many times I had seen it. However, I haven't seen the video in at least 12 years. I wasn't even thinking about anything that might cause the association.
Last week I had another out of the blue moments. I woke up with a song in my head from my childhood. The rest of the day I sang "Bullfrogs and butterflies, they've both been born again..." Today when I was looking at facebook, my sister posted a line from that song on her wall.
It is really a strange experience when these things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment