Tuesday, November 29, 2011

December Highlights

Usually at the end of the month you review the highlights that happened to you. I'm doing it backwards. I am going to share with you what I'm looking forward to in the next month. As all of you know, Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season. Since you all will be expecting it I will get it out of the way first so I can have your undivided attention for the rest of this post. I am looking forward to Christmas and everything that comes with it such as decorating, my house smelling like pine, and Christmas songs. I like the Christmas Eve service with lighting the candles while singing silent night and driving around looking at other peoples industrious decorations. I like presents. I like eating lots of food and baking lots of desserts. Along with the holidays I love New Years Eve. I like playing games, staying up till midnight, and eating jalapeno poppers.
Alright now the expected is out of the way. I used to write a lot of email updates and send them out to my friends and family regardless whether or not they wanted to read all about my goings on. Over the years, my updates have waned to several a year. This year, I am very excited because I am going to send out my very first Christmas newsletter. Hopefully, I can figure out how to put in pictures where I want pictures, but if not it will be all text.
I have a week break from school, which is just what I need. I do school year round so I don't often get breaks. Today in fact, I'm starting my first session of my last class before my internship.
I am over my NaNoWriMo attempt for this year and am looking forward to doing some real writing on a book I have been working on for a long while. I need to just finish it. I like this story a lot and I do want to finish it because it just might be the best thing I have ever written. I also want begin editing a children's story that I finished in September. My free time will diminish as the new year begins so I want to get what writing done that I can, while I can. Also along the writing vein, I am researching digital audio recorders.
I could go on and share many other things that I'm looking forward to in the coming month, but most of it has to do with eating and friends. Those are always some of the best points in my life. Take a second and let me know what you are really looking forward to in December.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Kristin! I'm looking forward to seeing my family and having a much-needed break from school. Of course, I'm looking forward to Christmas and presents and lots of food and baking, but mostly I'm just looking forward to lazy days when researching is a choice not a chore, and sharing those days with lots of the people I love! That thought is getting me through the rest of November and past my finals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I think you have great plans for December. I hope you have wonderful holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm feeling a little sad today because we didn't have much of a Thanksgiving and work is keeping me from the cleaning, decorating, and baking I'd like to do. I also really miss having my kids nearby! If I think positively about it, we are working so that others will know Christ and be able to thank Him for salvation and life in Him.

    ReplyDelete